The Omnipressor plug-in is a faithful emulation of the “black-face” unit and is popular among some of the world’s leading producers and engineers as a dynamics-modifier with variable expressive controls of all aspects of a signal’s dynamics. The Function control allows you to set compression and expansion ratios over a wide, continuous range from extreme expansion to infinite compression and beyond – dynamic reversal which reverses a sound’s envelope, making loud sounds quiet and quiet sounds loud.
One of our first customers was a young Brian May, lead guitarist of Queen. With the Omnipressor in his rig, his sound was never the same again.
• Dynamics processing for creating otherwordly sounds
• Variable control of attack and release time
• Variable control of maximum gain and maximum attenuation
• Function control sets ratio over a continuous range from extreme expansion to infinite compression and beyond to dynamic reversal
• Gating: Set a threshhold and signals whose amplitudes fall below the threshhold value are ‘squooshed’
• Expansion: Widen a signal’s dynamic range. Loud gets louder, soft gets softer
• Compression: Variable control of compression ratio
• Infinite compression: Obliterates a signal’s dynamics – everything comes out at the same level
• Limiting: Versatile, fast limiter
• Dynamic Reversal: First of its kind. Soft signals come out loud, loud signals come out soft. Simulates tape reversal
• Intuitive interface makes it simple to operate with the use of a function dial
• Dozens of presets to help you explore the unique and inspirational sounds of the tool used on countless hit records